The report of Center for Documenting Violations in Northern Syria (Vdc-Nsy) issued in April 2019 reveals increasing levels of violence, crime and factional fighting and more explosions within areas controlled by Turkish forces in northern Syria.
The report released on May 1 monitors abuses that took place over past month revealed that:
Turkish forces and Syrian-backed militias continue to commit further abuses, the Center for Documenting Violations in Northern Syria \ Vdc-Nsy \ “documented in April each of the following violations:
65 people were killed, including 8 children, a civilian (a citizen and a settler) and 2 persons were killed under torture.
Explosions / IEDs, mines … were 23.
Arrests (128) included exposure of (7) people to torture
Claims of ransom, kidnapping: 6
Injuries were (166 / including 9 children) as a result of raiding houses or fragments of explosives or explosions or as a result of being beaten by militants.
Shelling of “air” … “air strike …” artillery, mortar “…: 5 bombardments of populated villages, leaving 9 injured civilians and killing 4 others.
Factional infighting: documenting 10 cases of internal fighting among armed factions within cities
Injuries and border killings : 1 killed and 8 injured.
Confiscation of private property: documenting the confiscation of 11 houses and transferring some to prisons, military centers or mosques and 2 cases of deliberate burning of property (houses, shops and orchards) and documented demolition of 40 houses. Shelf (22) Tomb.
Public facilities: (2) a school, educational and service center converted to military headquarters.
Other: 18 popular demonstrations demanding dissolution of the local council formed by Turkey in north-west Syria.
Documentation Total from February 2018, until April 2019:
” Documentation Center for Violations in Northern Syria \ Vdc-Nsy \ documented from February 2018 until the end of April 2019 each of following violations:
- 869 civilians (citizens and settlers) were killed and 21 were killed under torture.
- Arrests (4996) documented (590) cases of torture
- Explosions / IEDs , mines … / 81.
- Claims of ransom, kidnapping: 350
- Injuries sustained (1331) as a result of raids on houses or fragments of explosives or as a result of being beaten by militants.
- Bombing “air” 1051 “air strike …” artillery, mortar “…: 46 bombing of populated villages.
- Factional fighting: documentation of 139 cases of internal fighting among armed factions within cities
- Casualties: 431 dead, including 79 children under the age of 18, and 53 women. The number of casualties was up to 340 persons.
- Confiscation of private property: Documenting the confiscation of 1343 houses and transferring some to prisons, military centers or mosques, and 65 cases of deliberate burning of property (houses, shops and orchards). And documented demolition of (98) houses. Shelf (1380) Tomb.
- Public facilities: Transfer of (53) schools and educational and service center to military headquarters.